Something is mesmerizing about 360 spin photography. It can make you feel like you’re looking at a scene from a movie or a painting. With a few clicks of the mouse, you can take in every angle of the object, watching it rotate in front of your eyes. It’s no wonder that businesses are using 360 spin photography more and more to showcase their products online.
The technology is relatively easy to use, giving potential customers a much better sense of the product’s appearance and how it works.
If you’re thinking about using 360 spin photography to market your product, here are some tips to get you started:
1. Choose the right platform
Several platforms offer 360 spin photography services, so it’s essential to do your research and choose the one that’s right for you. Some platforms are better suited for certain products, so consider that. You can read reviews, compare pricing, and get a sense of each platform’s features before making your decision.
2. Make sure your product is in good condition
There’s no point in taking a great 360 spin photo of a product in poor condition. If your product is damaged, dirty, or generally in poor condition, it will reflect poorly on your brand. Ensure your product is clean and free of defects before taking 360 spin photos. It is also a good idea to take a few extra photos from different angles, in case one of the photos is not up to par.
3. Choose the right background
The background of your 360 spin photo is just as important as the product itself. You want a background that is clean and simple, without any distractions. A solid color or simple pattern works best. Avoid busy patterns or bright colors that will take away from the product. If you’re shooting against a white background, ensure the product is well-lit, so it doesn’t blend in. You may even want to use a lightbox to get the perfect lighting.
4. Set your camera on a tripod and position it to point directly at the product
Use a remote shutter release or timer to avoid shaking, and set your camera to the highest shutter speed possible to freeze any movement. A low ISO will also minimize camera shake and help produce a sharp image.
5. Begin taking photos, rotating the product a little between each shot
As you rotate the product, please pay attention to the background and ensure it remains consistent in each photo. You don’t want your final image to look like a mishmash of different locations. Once you’ve taken enough photos to complete a full rotation, it’s time to start putting them together.
There are a few ways to do this, but we recommend using Adobe Photoshop.
- Open up Photoshop and create a new file. Then, add your photos one by one to this file, making sure they’re evenly spaced.
- Go to the Animation menu and select Create Frame Animation: That will cause all your photos to appear in a timeline at the bottom of the screen. Make sure the order is correct, then click Play to see a preview of your final animation.
- If everything looks good, save the file as a GIF or video, and you’re done.
360 spin photography is a great way to showcase your product and give potential customers a better sense of what it looks like and how it works. Following these tips, you can create an excellent 360-spin photo to help you sell more products.