How to operate the silicone injection molding? In fact, only two liquid materials of AB and AB need to be loaded into the equipment, and the mixing to molding is fully automatic. While pursuing to simplify the process and shorten the processing time, it can be very convenient to Realize the processing of high-quality products. The following i will specifically explain the silicone injection molding.
Silicone injection molding is an elastomer manufacturing technology formed by high-temperature curing. Liquid silicone is different from other products. Its appearance not only reduces labor but also increases independence. Benefits, it can be said that injection-molded liquid silicone has the advantages of high-temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, insulation, soft hand feel, and FDA certification. Therefore, it is also widely used in various industries represented by electrical, electronics, automobiles, and food. This kind of industry perfectly reflects the excellent economic performance.
Lsr companies and silicone molding
lsr is the abbreviation of liquid silicone rubber. Liquid silicone molding is a capability that lsr companies must have. The most representative molding process is injection molding.
As silicone injection molding technology, with the passage of time, more and more silicone products have been applied to the market. The injection-molded liquid silicone itself is liquid or paste, and its main components are vinyl silicone oil and hydrogen-containing silicone oil white carbon. Black, catalyst, retarder and other materials, under the action of catalyst at high temperature, the liquid silica gel itself undergoes a chemical cross-linking reaction and solidifies into silicone rubber. Therefore, when you take the tools of A and B agents, you must distinguish or Wipe clean before use to avoid local agglomeration caused by mixing the two and cannot be used normally.
liquid silicone Injection molding application
Silicone injection molding rubber is used for the replication of resin diamonds, crystal diamonds, zircon and other jewelry. It is also suitable for precision casting and prototype casting of auto parts, aircraft transmission parts and other products. Silicone injection molding has a wide range of applications. wide.
Silicone injection molding operation
Silicone injection molding rubber is a two-component liquid silicone material, which is divided into A component and B component. The work of the mixer (injection molding machine) fully mixes the A component and the B component in a precise 1:1 ratio. mixed operation. In addition, due to the needs of product design, it will be equipped with a color pump and a color metering part. After the injection machine is hydraulically extruded through two pipelines A and B, it will be merged into a pipeline AB and mixed with each other evenly before injection.
Silicone injection molding, also known as injection rubber, injection silicone, LSR silicone, AB silicone, etc., is a two-component, high-transparency, high-tear strength liquid silicone rubber. LSR companies is an important part of injection molding.
The main steps involved in the liquid silicone rubber injection molding process
- Bucket A contains the base-forming material, and bucket B contains the catalyst.
- The molding machine can program and customize the automatic injection molding machine and make the injection settings to provide the right shot volume for each job. The platen and piston are aligned and the mold is closed, and the temperature, pressure, injection rate, and cycle time are set according to customer requirements
- After the setting is completed, the molding machine heats the mold to the proper temperature and applies the proper clamping force. The mold closes in coordination with the machine’s injector, pump, and supply. The injection mechanism then pushes the material into the mold and cavity.
- The combination of heat and pressure applied to the liquid silicone rubber will cure the material until cured. After the cycle is complete, the mold is opened and the parts and flash can be removed automatically or by a worker. Then, the mold is closed and the process is repeated.
- After the product is removed from the mold, the post-molding process may include deburring, post-curing, inspection, and packaging.
choose a great lsr molding companies
Through the above steps, liquid silicone rubber can be injection-molded into injection-molded silicone. Injection-molded silicone is mainly used to make the following silicone products: baby pacifiers, computer keyboard keys, medical catheters, cake molds, auto parts, silicone tubes, sealing rings, Silicone miscellaneous pieces, high-pressure molds, electronic products and toys, silicone products, silicone kitchen utensils, etc.