Cats’ fur coats are beautiful, and it is always a delight for the cat’s parents to touch that fur and pet them. Many factors contribute to the shiny, beautiful fur coat, like age, nutrition, weight, and bathing. And these furs are functional, so keep reading this article because it will help you get information about cat fur and why it is not shiny.
Different ways the cat coat is functional:
- The cat coat gives the cat sensory information
- It protects the cat from rain, heat, cold, and wind
- Last, fur helps cats manufacture vitamin D; it is a vital nutrient for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Many things that make your cat’s fur coat dull are mentioned below:
- Cats need to have a fully balanced diet to have good shiny hair. They need to have good fat, protein, and carbohydrates. If you can’t feed your cat healthy food, your cat won’t get the required vital nutrients.
- Many pet cats all over the world are overweight. For overweight cats, it becomes difficult for them to clean themselves. In this kind of scenario, sometimes the fur coat goes missing.
- When cats get old, they can become less flexible, and their joints can hurt if they bend them. Their fur can get dull as they can’t move and turn like the times in the younger days.
- Many pets bathe their cats to keep their fur free from fleas. But, sometimes, pet parents can clean them way too often, and frequent baths can also dull the shine of a cat’s fur coat.
Ways you can increase your cat’s fur coat shine:
- If you think your cat has dull fur, then take a moment to think about the food you have feeding your cat. If the food is not nutritious, you need to change your cat’s diet because an excellent balanced diet will bring back the shiny fur coats for some cats.
- If your vet tells you that your cat is overweight, you need to do something about it. Start giving them food in the required portion size according to their weight and age. Also, get them toys to play around with and get some exercise. Being overweight can lead to other health problems, like kidney issues and heart problems. All these health issues can dull the glow of the fur. Maintaining a healthy weight for your cat will keep them healthy for an extended period and make the coats shine.
If you are a cat parent, all this information will come in very handy. You love your cat so much that you want everything best for them. Cats are excellent companions. In today’s time, many cat parents are investing in cat insurance. Pet insurance will benefit the cat during health problems or in case of accidents. Having cat insurance offers many pet parents peace of mind because it helps cover much of the medical treatment costs when their cat is ill or injured.