So, you have found yourself working from home full time but aren’t sure if you have the right set up at the moment or if you should be making some upgrades or changes? Because many people thought that remote work would be temporary, many of our setups at home are temporary too. Now that its clear that remote work is here to stay – lets take a look at some great tech tips and tricks you can use at home to make working remotely even better.
For businesses, making this change has been challenging too – many business owners aren’t sure if their employees will be able to adjust and adapt to working at home and still do their jobs correctly or without any problems. With the right technology, the right support, and the right setup it can be done with ease!
If you are interested in hearing some tips and tricks from experts in your area, reach out to a trusted and qualified IT Support Partner, they will be able to help give you guidance on some tech and tools that could work. Unsure who to speak to? Looking for an IT Partner close to your business location is a good start – say you live in the UK, reaching out to a trusted IT Support Services London Partner who has experience working with businesses similar to yours would be a great idea. They will know what works and what doesn’t work and can give you personalised guidance in terms of how to ensure you’re setting up your network and infrastructure in the best way possible.
We have thought about some of the easiest ways to ensure that your current work from home setup is working for you – if you can stick to the following recommendations, you should be good to go:
- Make sure you are using the right laptop or PC that has the required specifications and capabilities for you to do your job properly.
- Make sure that you have adequate lighting and fresh air in the room you choose to work in.
- Ensure that you have a quiet and private space to get your work done in, whether that be in a separate room or in the lounge, as long as you have privacy and quiet it will work.
- Make sure that you establish a proper routine that you can stick to each day – set up times in your diary for a lunch break each day and don’t start working earlier if you don’t need to. You need to ensure you maintain the balance between work and home life while doing both at home.
- Make sure that you have a strong, fast, and reliable internet connection available at all times – you should not be experiencing lag or downtime while on calls or working from home, so invest in a decent internet line and speed.
- Make sure you are using cloud storage facilities and backing up your data and work as you go – losing this would be a huge problem so ensure your laptop or PC has the right security and your data is being backed up regularly.
- Make sure you invest in a good pair of headphones and a quality webcam if one isn’t included in your hardware piece already – these will go a long way in making you seem more professional and engage better while on calls.
- Try and separate your work devices from your personal devices so that nothing overlaps or anything important gets lost – definitely do not let your family or housemates use your work device.
For many people, working from home has been a breeze! They have slotted into their new routines quite easily and are enjoying being home more than ever. For others though, it has been a big adjustment and they have struggled to find the right routine and setup for themselves.
No matter which boat you find yourself in, just make sure to spend time ensuring you have the tools you need and that the space you use to get your work done works for you and helps you to get your work done without hassles and end up enjoy working from home more than ever!