Pregnancy is not always as simple as it appears. If you and your spouse are prepared to have a baby but are having trouble conceiving, it could be a timing issue or a trivial problem you can easily correct. Nevertheless, you may be surprised to find that in every partnership, there is a 50/50 possibility that either of you has a reproductive issue. If you must understand when to seek the advice and assistance of a fertility specialist. Here are compelling reasons to visit the fertility clinic Newport Beach, CA.
1. You Have Had Sexual Activity Without Contraceptives for Over 12 Months with No Success
Typically, it takes couples between five and six months to get pregnant. You should consider consulting a fertility specialist if you are younger than 35 and have had unprotected intercourse for a year without getting pregnant.
2. You Have Experienced Three Miscarriages or More
Miscarriage is the loss of a pregnancy within 20 weeks of conception. Most miscarriages occur because the sperm or egg has an abnormal chromosome count, preventing the proper development of the fertilized egg. Miscarriage could also be triggered by problems in early development, such as structural flaws or improper egg implantation.
If you have experienced two or more losses, you might contemplate consulting a fertility doctor to manage your health as you attempt to get pregnant. If a more significant concern is responsible for these miscarriages, you should know.
3. You Are Over 35 Years
As women age, the quality and quantity of their eggs decline. If you are older than 35 and have been attempting to get pregnant without contraceptive techniques for six months, you should consult a fertility doctor. On the other hand, if you are above 40 years old, you are officially in the high-risk group for pregnancy; thus, you should contact a fertility doctor first. At this point, your risk of miscarriage increases.
4. You or Your Spouse Has A Record of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are transferred through sexual contact. For women, STIs could induce infection and swelling, making your sperm and egg never meet. As for men, STIs could induce recurrent infections, which might impair sperm count, sperm function, or mobility.
5. You Experience Heavy Bleeding, No Period, or Irregular Menses
Any of the following symptoms may indicate a reproductive problem:
- No Period: There is a possibility that you have ovulation problems.
- Bleeding between Cycles: Bleeding between cycles or after intercourse may result from fibroids, cervical lesions, or uterine polyps.
- Irregular periods: Your brain is sending incorrect hormone cues, or you have an ovulation issue.
- Extremely Heavy Menses: If your menses last for over a week, use several tampons or pads in a few hours, or pass huge blood clots, it signifies you have extremely heavy flows. This condition could result from an endocrine disorder or uterine fibroids; thus, it is best to visit your physician.
Unsuccessful pregnancies or trying to conceive without success could be quite frustrating. Luckily, the highly skilled and dedicated specialists at OC Fertility® are pioneers in fertility care. By consulting an expert, if you spot any of the reasons listed above, you could obtain answers to your fertility issues. Call the Newport Beach, CA office or use the online booking tool to request an appointment today.