Should you buy one large outdoor marquee tent for an event, or should you opt for multiple small event marquees? This debate has been raging on for quite some time in the outdoor event scene. So, we decided to look into the pros and cons of both scenarios and came up with this article to help you decide. Let’s dive right in!
First of all, why do you need an outdoor marquee?
- It protects you from UV radiations, heat and rain in outdoor events like tradeshows.
- Branded marquees are a fantastic way of showcasing your brand. You can ask your tent manufacturer to make a custom marquee tailored specifically for your brand.
- You can have your brand logo and slogan digitally printed on your marquee tent and announce your presence to the business world.
But owning multiple smaller pop up marquees instead of a large one can actually be an advantage for you. How? Let’s see.
- Higher structural integrity for your brand pavilion
Even with all the forecasts at your disposal, it’s hard to predict the weather. You never know when the wind is going to pick up. While we don’t advice installing your outdoor tent in high wind, you might have to deal with windy conditions sometimes. Having multiple small marquees can act as a major advantage in such scenarios.
- Multiple marquees mean more legs to anchor into the ground. This lends substantial structural integrity to your pavilion to withstand drafts.
- Multiple marquees also mean reduced continuous surface area for the wind to act on. This reduces the wind-pressure on your pavilion’s roof and sidewalls and keeps the structure stable.
- Easy to setup and uninstall
Pop up marquees manufactured by leading tent brands like Extreme Marquees are easy to set up. You don’t need to hire experts to install them for you. With a pair of extra hands, you can go about setting up an event marquee in a tradeshow, corporate party or farmers’ market.
Having said that, setting up a large outdoor marquee can be a task, not least if you have few people to help you. To avoid such scenarios, it is advisable to own multiple small marquees. Smaller iterations of this versatile accessory are much easier to manage. Follow these quick easy steps to set up your brand pavilion in no time.
- Unpack your marquee tent.
- See if all accessories are in place.
- Stretch the frame slightly and attach the canopy to the legs.
- Stretch the frame to its maximum width.
- Anchor the legs to the ground using tent spikes.
- If it’s a hard surface, you are installing your tent on, use tent weights to secure the legs.
…and that’s it! Your event marquee is ready for the show! Taking it down is equally easy.
- Easy to transport
It is pretty obvious that a smaller accessory will weigh much less than a bigger one! If you are employing multiple small marquee tents to build your tradeshow or farmers’ market pavilion, you have two, may be three tent bags to deal with, once you are finished with the event. Transportation isn’t a problem with a couple of lightweight tent bags, is it?
This is an often overlooked parameter when it comes to event tent selection. The space allotted for your pavilion largely depends upon the event organisers. Chances are, your allotted space might not support one large marquee tent. With multiple small marquees at your disposal, you can use the available space smartly to setup a spacious pavilion.
- Take a close look at your allotted space.
- Draw a rough map on a piece of paper, if possible.
- Plan how you want to arrange your marquee tents, one beside the other.
- Think of them as rooms in a house. They don’t need to be arranged in a straight line.
- Be imaginative with your configuration.
Once you have the structure of your pavilion chalked out in your mind, go about setting it up.
If you are out to buy high quality marquee tents, do check out the Event Pavilion range from Extreme Marquees. They stand out among all the event marquees for sale in the market due to their top notch quality and cost-effectiveness.
For instance, these tents employ 580 gsm thick PVC sheets for their canopies. This makes their canopies waterproof, and UV-resistant. The frames are made of extruded aluminium, lending the tents unmatched structural integrity. All in all, the Event Pavilion series is extremely durable and excellent value for money.
Outdoor marquees have transformed the outdoor event landscape. Corporate parties, tradeshows and exhibitions look more engaging and glamourous in the presence of these futuristic accessories. Brands make their presence felt with their custom marquees. And people love to hangout in their cool shade. If you are a business owner, follow our tips and tricks to take your business to new heights.