Have you ever heard the term big data? Big data is considered a large number of data churned out from our digital activities. Big data has changed the traditional way of doing business, creating the need for data engineers who can collect and manage big data. Data Engineering is a short-term certification course designed to train the students with relevant knowledge and skills essential to becoming professional data engineers. Check out these Job Guarantee Courses for a rewarding career.
In this article, we will share all the details about the data engineering certification course, including its syllabus, fee structure, and the names of the institutions offering online data engineering certificates.
What is Data Engineering?
Before going further, let’s understand what exactly data engineering stands for. Data engineering is the practice of designing and building systems for collecting, storing, and analyzing data scale. It’s similar to constructing a physical building; a data engineer sets up pipelines that connect to and from vast pools of filtered information that data scientists can use to pull relevant datasets for analysis.
Organizations have access to a large amount of data. They need the right person and technology to ensure it is in a highly usable state by reaching data scientists and analysts. Data Engineering is entitled to make data analysis easier for data scientists and data analysts. Try AlmaBetter data science course with pay after placement gaurantee program
What Do Data Engineers do?
Data engineers build systems that collect, manage, and convert raw data into usable information for data scientists and business analysts to interpret in various settings. Their ultimate goal is to make data more accessible so businesses can assess and improve their performance.
When working with data, you may encounter the following tasks:
- Obtain datasets that are relevant to your company’s needs.
- Create algorithms to convert data into actionable information.
- Database pipeline architectures must be built, tested, and maintained.
- Work with management to understand the company’s goals.
- New data validation methods and data analysis tools should be developed.
- Ensure that data governance and security policies are followed.
What is a Data Engineering Certificate Course?
The Data Engineering Certificate course is a short course providing the training on how to engineer data systems that efficiently extract, transform and load data into consumable and usable information for business analysis. At the beginning of the course, the students will learn advanced SQL queries to extract relevant data for business problem statements.
The program then delves into the processes required to use Kafka and Apache Airflow to pipeline big data into data lakes and warehouses. The course teaches the students to create application layers with low latency for efficient data loading. The program goes even further to show you how to use industry-recommended tools like Spark to transform data to aid data analysis.
Reasons to Choose Data Engineering Certification Course
- Data Engineers are highly in demand, and equipping the certification can open up numerous job opportunities. Data Engineering is one of the fastest-growing jobs on LinkedIn, with over 11.5 million jobs expected to be created by 2026.
- Data engineering is one of the highest-paying jobs. Data Engineers earn an average of INR 8,56,643 per year, according to Glassdoor. As a result, Data Engineering is a very lucrative career choice.
- Every business needs data engineers to process, analyze and improve their data. We produce a considerable amount of data through digital devices, and businesses always need a professional to teach helpful information from this data.
Who Can Pursue Data Engineering Certificate Course?
Candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree in any discipline can pursue the Data Engineering Certificate Course. The candidate must know Python for a better understanding of the course.
Skills Required To Be A Data Engineer
The primary skill required to add to the resume to be a data engineer is a deep knowledge of Python. Even if you don’t know Python, you can face difficulties pursuing the data engineering courses. So if you want to join a data engineer course, it is compulsory to take the knowledge of Python first.
Other than that, R programming, machine learning, data analysis, Java, scala, and predictive models are some of the skills required to be a professional data engineer. Apart from technical skills, data engineers must have strong critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, and communication skills.
Scope of Doing Data Engineering Certification Course
While looking to make a career in Data Engineering and planning to pursue a certification course, you may be curious about the scope of data engineering. Here are some of the future scope of pursuing an online data engineering certification course:-
- After completing the certification data engineering courses, you can directly apply for internships or junior-level jobs.
- Candidates can pursue master’s and doctoral courses in Data Engineering for higher education.
- Master’s Engineering courses pay between INR 1,90,000 and INR 19,00,000 per year.
- A Ph.D. holder, on the other hand, can expect to earn between INR 3,00,000 and INR 14,00,000 per year.
- With more job experience and higher education, an individual’s average annual salary package and job opportunities will increase.
Pursuing a data engineering certificate online is the best choice to upgrade your skills. Online courses in data engineering are a better opportunity for working professionals who are engaged in any work profile and want to upgrade their skills to get promoted to better positions. Hero Vired is one of the well-known institutions providing online data engineering certificate courses for individuals who have completed their bachelor’s degree and now want to make their career in the data engineering field.