Before ordering your chaise lounge cover, you need to carefully measure the concerned chaise you want to cover. The three obvious considerations are width, depth, and height.
- Measure the chaise’s widest side from left to right. Start measuring from its front leg area or back wheel. Take the widest point.
- To get the depth, take the deepest side, which is adjacent to the chaise’s width. Take it from the left to right.
- Start measurement from the front leg area or base and go to same back wheel or leg to get to the deepest point.
- To get the height, measure the chaise from the ground to the upright chaise’s top. It’s prudent to get a cover that’s one or two inches shorter than the chaise. It provides more breathability.
- You need round up each dimension to the closest inch. There are premier companies that intuitively design each cover, allowing enough hem-to-surface space for air circulation.
Measuring the thickness
You need to decide the thickness of the cushion first. You’ll find that chaise lounge covers are available in 2-8 inches in thickness. You can find them in increments of one inch, depending on the type or brand of cushion you buy.
- Typically, experts recommend settling for a thickness that doesn’t exceed 4-5 inches for these chaise lounge cushions. This furniture has a reclining disposition.
- When choosing the chaise lounge cushion’s thickness, remember how the cover will shift or tilt in the reclined and upright position.
- Use a firm tape measure and avoid a tailor’s measuring tape to get accurate results. Do remember that when ordering, you need to round down or round up to the nearest half inch of the cushion.
- It’d be a disaster to order new cushion covers on the basis of measurements of old or existing cushions/chaise covers.
- Over time, these covers deplete and the fabric can entail stretching. Using old measurements will only lead to miscalculations and your covers will not fit into your chaise.
- You need to measure the chaise lounge on which you are going to use the brand-new cushion.
Some important and basic points
The form and functions of a chaise lounge are very important considerations. They have an angled back and a whole-body anchor, making chaise lounges perfect for dozing and relaxing.
- Chaise lounges have proximity to the ground. You need to remember that there will be mobility issues.
- Many chaise lounges have armrests, making it easier for you to get into them and come out of them.
- You can ensure optimum usage with cushions and accessories to enhance comfort.
- Owing to the large dimensions, chaise lounges are most suitable for patios or larger decks.
- It’s pivotal to choose the right materials for your chaise lounge. There’s a wide spectrum of materials, such as softwoods, hardwood, and aluminum.
- Softwood has pine. Hardwood includes wicker, teak, HDPE lumber, and oak. When it comes to choosing the right materials, you need to factor in several things.
These are durability, maintenance, appearance, comfort, weight, and price. The chaise lounge needs to provide proper value for money.